The administration of medicine through MediAngelsTM involves the use of electronic communications to enable the MediAngelsTM Global Medical ExpertsTM at different locations to share individual patient medical information, for the purpose of improving patient care. Global Medical ExpertsTM may include primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following now or in the future:
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Responsibility for the patient care should remain with the patient's local clinician, if you have one, as does the patient's medical record.
Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her local health care site (i.e. home) while the physician consults and obtains test results at distant/other sites.
More efficient medical evaluation and management.
Obtaining expertise of the top most specialist(s) in each super-specialized branch of medicine.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of medicine administered through the MediAngelsTM network. By using the MediAngels service, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions posted at the MediAngels Site, including particularly the Terms and Conditions and the risks described below. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
While MediAngels is an honest attempt to provide access to the best possible medical information to the patient, the MediAngelsTM Global Medical ExpertTM will not be examining you physically. This means that the service provided through MediAngelsTM is different from the diagnostic services typically decided by a physician. The MediAngelsT Panel of
Global Medical ExpertsTM providing this service will not have the benefit of information that would be obtained by examining you in person and observing your physical condition. Therefore, the physician may not be aware of facts or information that would affect his or her opinion of your diagnosis. To reduce the risk of this limitation, MediAngelsTM strongly encourages you to be in touch with an on-ground physician and share the MediAngels opinion with him/ her. By deciding to engage this service, you acknowledge and agree that you are aware of this limitation and agree to assume the entire risk of this limitation.
By requesting a medical opinion through MediAngels, you acknowledge and agree that:
* The diagnosis you receive may be limited and provisional;
* The medical opinion is not intended to replace a face-to-face visit with a physician just yet;
* The physician is reliant on information provided by you and hence any information demonstrated to have been falsified will immediately render the opinion and all details therein null and void;
*In certain diseases & conditions, the physician may not have important information that is usually obtained through a physical examination and the absence of this information may affect the physician’s ability to diagnose your condition, disease or injury.
- In some cases, the consultant may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality and may ask for more information, without which he/she may refuse to answer the query;
- In rare cases, the consultant may feel that the query may not be answerable without physically examining the patient and the consult may be refused forthwith.
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors.
By checking the box associated with "Informed Consent", You acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to MediAngels™, and that no information obtained in the use of medicine through MediAngels™, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- I understand the alternatives to a MediAngels™ consultation and in choosing to participate in a MediAngels™ consultation, I understand that some parts of the exam involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of the consulting health care provider.
- I understand that the consultation through MediAngels™ may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of the MediAngels™ Global eHospital™ in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my health care provider and consulting health care provider in order to operate the equipment. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history/physical examination that are personally sensitive to me; and/or (2) terminate the consultation at any time.
Patient Consent To The Use of MediAngels™
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding MediAngels™, have discussed it with my physician or such assistants as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
I have read this document carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the web-conferencing, teleconferencing and/or the video-conferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a MediAngels™ consult under the terms described herein.
By engaging the MediAngels™ services, I acknowledge and agree to assume the risk of the above mentioned limitations pursuant to the use of MediAngels™. I further understand and agree that no warranty or guarantee has been made to me concerning any particular diagnosis, result, treatment or cure of my condition.
By checking the Box containing "INFORMED CONSENT FOR MediAngels™ SERVICES" I hereby state that I have read, understood, and agree to the terms of this document.