Dr Rupin Shah [MBBS, MS, M Ch (Urology)] is one of the top Andrologists and Microsurgeons in Mumbai & India. He is currently attached to various hospitals including Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai, Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai and Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Mumbai and Nova IVI Fertility Clinic, Chembur.
Dr Shah’s expertise includes Azoospermia, Varicocele, Testicular failure, Vas Aplasia, Hypogonadism, Retrogade Ejaculation, Erectile Dysfunction, Premature Ejaculation, Congenital Penile Curvature, Peyronie’s Disease, Unconsummated marriage, Microphallus, Andropause, Oligoasthenozoospermia etc.
After completing the graduate and postgraduate training, Dr Shah went ahead to train for M Ch in Urology from KEM Hospital, Mumbai. He has published 13 Research papers in peer reviewed journals. He has delivered close to 79 talks and lectures at various academic platforms in India and overseas. Dr Shah has been conferred the President’s Gold Medal in recognition of special contribution in the field of Urology. He has also been awarded Dr B.C.Roy National Award, Pinnamaneni Venkateshwar Rao Memorial Oration and Gold Medal, and Dr R Sitharaman Memorial Award.
Current Job Profile
Consultant Andrologist & Microsurgeon
Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai, India.
Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai, India.
Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Mumbai, India.
Clinical Care Of Men With Infertility Or Sexual Problems
Training Of Urologists In Andrology
Advisor To Morpheus Chain Of IVF Clinics
Microsurgical Vaso-Epididymal Anastomosis For Obstructive Azoospermia
Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversal
Tesicular Sperm Retrieval
Penile Prosthesis Implantation
Correction Of Penile Curvature And Peyronies Disease
Top Most Diseases Treated
Congenital Penile Curvature
Degree's & Diploma's Fellowships
M.B.B.S. from G.S Medical College, Mumbai, India. in 1979
M.S. General Surgery from K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai, India. in 1983
M.Ch Urology from K E M Hospital, Mumbai, India. in 1986
Memberships of Scientific Associations
1. Urological Society Of India/S054FL
2. International Society for Sexual Medicine
3. Society International Urologie
4.Council of Sex Education & Parenthood/ F-115
Research Papers Published
1. Mathur SK, Shah RS, Samsi AB, Kelkar MK. Hydatid cyst as a cause of common bile duct obstruction. J Postgrad Med 1983; 29: 263-66.
2. Shah RS, Shah SR, Shah AB, Purohit SP, Sobti MK, Pardanani DS. Intravenous indomethacin compared to intravenous baralgan in the treatment of acute ureteric colic - a double blind comparative study. Ind J Surg 1986, 48: 350-54.
3. Shah RS, Parulkar BG, Samsi AB, Mathur SK. Full-thickness replacement of the abdominal wall with synthetic mesh (a report of 2 cases). J Postgrad Med 1986, 32: 42-44.
4. Parulkar BG, Pardanani DS, Chadda M , Shah RS, Purohit SP, Bhandarkar SD. Study of erectile dysfunctions in diabetic men. Ind J Urol 1987, 3: 64-69.
5. Shah RS, Pardanani DS, Parulkar BG, Purohit SP, Bandivdekar AR, Sheth AR. Hypothalamic-Hypophyseal-Testicular abnormalities and erectile dysfunction. Archives of Andrology 1988, 20:137-40.
6. Mathur SK, Supe AN, Shah RS, et al. Monolayer closure of abdomen - A study of 300 cases. Ind J Surg 1989, 51: 245-8.
7. Shah RS. Extended external cavernosal drainage, an alternative to surgery in ichaemic priapism. Artères et Veines 1991, 10: 290-2.
8. Shah RS, Morparia H, Kulkarni V, Shah N. The need for intra-cavernosal pressure monitoring during penile duplex Doppler studies. Int J of Impotence Res 1994, 6 Suppl 1: A33.
9. Shah RS, Parulkar BG, Kulkarni V, Shah G, Jhaveri V. Antegrade dorsal vein arterialization (Shah-Parulkar procedure) for penile revascularization. Int J of Impotence Res 1994, 6 Suppl 1: V3.
10. Gopalkrishnan K, Padwal V, D’Souza S, Shah R. Severe asthenozoospermia : a structural and functional study. Int J Andrology 1995, 18 Suppl 1: 67-74.
11. Shah RS, , Kulkarni VR, Gupte DM, Mehta M. Use of intra-penile injection of papaverine to diagnose vasculogenic impotence (letter). Ind J Urology, 1996, 12: 96
12. Shah RS, Kulkarni VR, Gupte DM, Mehta MK, Malde SC. Men who cannot reach orgasm - experience with vibrator therapy in 91 cases of non-neurogenic anorgasmia. Int J of Impotence Res 1996, 8: A46.
13. Kulkarni VR, Shah RS, Gupte DM, Mehta MK. A clinical study of the erection-inducing effects of intra-cavernosal chlorpromazine. Int J of Impotence Res 1996, 8: D83.
1.Dr B C Roy National Award for Development of Andrology in India - 2008 - Urology Society of India
2. President's Gold Medal in recognition of special contribution to the field of Urology (andrology) in India - 2007
3. Pinnamaneni Venkateshwar Rao Memorial Oration and Gold Medal - "Advances in the surgical management of Azoospermia" , 2002
4. ISIR Video Prize at the VI World Meeting on Impotence, Singapore, for a New Technique of Penile Revascularization, 1994
5. Dr. R Sitharaman Memorial Award.
Instruments & Inventions
Shah Penile Prosthesis - India's first, and most commonly used penile implant
Other Professional Information
Pioneer in male infertility and erectile dysfuncrtion management in India. Developed several techniques and instruments. Have trained over a 1000 doctors through workshops conducted over 20 years