This notice describes how your medical information may be used and disclosed and how you may access this information. Please review it carefully and report any grievance to the Angels Health Pvt Ltd Administrator.
DISCLAIMER: Even though MediAngels is NOT subject to US jurisdiction, we follow HIPAA guidelines as we feel that HIPAA offers the most comprehensive patient privacy protection worldwide. We believe this step will help us a bond of trust with our consumers..
You have the following rights with respect to your protected health information, which you can exercise by presenting a written request to the MediAngels Consumer Assistance Desk:
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal program passed by the United States Congress, that requires all medical records and other individually identifiable health information used or disclosed by us in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, to be kept properly confidential. This Act gives you, the Patient, certain additional rights to understand and control how your health information is used. HIPAA enforces penalties for covered entities that misuse personal health information.
We have prepared this "Summary Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices" to explain how we are required to maintain the privacy of your health information and how we may use and disclose your health information. A Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices containing a more complete description of the uses and disclosures of your health information can be made available to you upon request.
We may use and disclose your medical records for each of the following purposes - treatment, payment, and health care operations:
TREATMENT includes providing, coordinating, or managing health care and related services by one or more health care providers.
PAYMENT includes activities such as obtaining payment, reimbursement for services, billing , collection and utilization review.
HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS include managing your Electronic Medical Record to facilitate diagnostic medical consultations with participating physicians; conducting quality assessment and improvement activities; auditing functions; requesting investigations for you through our eInvestigation service; providing medicines through our ePharmacy; cost-management analysis and customer service.
We may also create and distribute health information on conditions of anonymity by removing all references to individually identifiable elements.\\
We may contact you to provide information about our services or other health-related services that may be of interest to you.
Any other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke such authorization in writing and we are required to honor and abide by your request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on your authorization.
1. You have the right to ask for restrictions on the ways in which we use and disclose your health information for treatment, payment and health care operations. You may also request that we limit our disclosures to persons assisting your care. We will consider your request, but are not obliged to accept it.
2. You have the right to request that you receive communications containing your protected health information from us by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may ask that we only contact you at home or by mail.
3. Except under certain circumstances, you have the right to inspect and copy medical, billing and other records used to make decisions about you. If you ask for copies of this information, we may charge you a nominal fee to cover the expenses incurred.
4. If you believe that information in your records is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask for rectifications in the existing information or add missing information. Under certain circumstances, we may deny your request, such as when the information is accurate and complete.
5. You have a right to receive a list of certain instances when we may have used or disclosed your medical information. If you ask for this information from us more than once every twelve months, we may charge you a fee.