Complications of Disease
Complication of Disease
Complication of Surgical Treatment
- Injuries to artery
- Cerebellar injuries are also less now a days.
- Facial paralysis or facial weakness. This complication was initially invariably present but now it is hugely reduced.
- Mild hydrocephalus can occur. It is mostly only transient.
- Translabyrinthine approach is contraindicated in those suffering from chronic otitis media.
- When the Acoustic Neuroma is in the internal auditory canal of the only hearing ear of the patient, the decision of the surgery is to be taken very carefully and surgery with due risk.
- Medical illness can make surgery for Acoustic Neuromas in some patient too risky.